OVPIT Community Principles
OVPIT Community Principles
The OVPIT Community Principles are a shared framework created by OVPIT employees for fostering a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and respect in OVPIT.
We actively seek to incorporate the following principles in all of our endeavors:
- Personal integrity, honesty, and accountability
- Individual initiative and responsible risk-taking
- A culture of teamwork, collaboration, openness, and transparency
- A passion for customers and technology
- Diversity, inclusiveness, fairness, and respect
Personal integrity, honesty, and accountability
- Demonstrate ethical conduct—have the courage to live our values and do the right thing.
- Build strong relationships with our customers and coworkers by being forthright, clear, and accurate in our communications.
- Be accountable for our actions, keep our commitments, and build trust. Lead by taking responsibility and not by imposing our will.
- Act by making decisions when appropriate and not let indecision stall progress.
Individual initiative and responsible risk-taking
- Find innovative and creative ways to solve problems.
- Offer our opinions and encourage others to do the same.
- Seek to broaden our understanding of Penn State and OVPIT.
- Take calculated risks when pushing the edge with new technology.
A culture of teamwork, collaboration, openness, and transparency
- Provide a clear picture of our roles, vision, goals, and strategies—be accountable.
- Share knowledge and technology in ways that ensure information is available, accessible, and understandable.
- Foster an agreement-seeking culture and welcome divergent views when discussing possibilities.
- Strengthen our relationships with campuses and colleges, and recognize that IT at Penn State is more than OVPIT.
A passion for customers and technology
- Ask questions and listen.
- Involve customers throughout the service planning process, and recognize that we are often our own customers.
- Deliver services that make technology more useful for our customers.
- Put the core business of Penn State in the center of service design and delivery.
Diversity, inclusiveness, fairness, and respect
- Create an environment free from discrimination and harassment by treating ourselves and each other with respect.
- Promote equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
- Speak up when we witness discriminatory conduct, harassment, comments, or actions that encourage or create a hostile environment.
- Commit to a violence-free work environment, including physical and verbal abuse.